Thursday, October 16, 2008

Reasonably Raw in Vietnam

Despite falling off the wagon yesterday, I have been reasonably raw since leaving home and coming to Vietnam. I brought along plenty of raw food for the plane trip (although the banana leather that I made sucked).

The good thing about southern Vietnam is that there are plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. I am stuffing myself with durian. I have pineapple, oranges, bananas, mangoes, and other fruits I don't know what they are called. For the most part I am eating fruit throughout the day and a big salad at lunch time. Then for dinner I do eat something cooked, rice and steamed veggies. (Okay, I have had a pizza.)

All in all, it is a lot harder to eat healthy foods here than at home. Just the work of washing lettuce in the hotel room or making a smoothie. The travel blender I brought works good but it is small. I suppose one could be raw and travel, but I don't have that kind of discipline. Besides, I would have missed the great Vietnamese party that I went to yesterday...

No comments: