Sunday, May 11, 2008

Back Home


I am back home from my trip to Viet Nam and still recovering from jet lag. More than anything I am missing my daily dose of durian. The stinky, spikey, delicious fruit, that I became addicted to is not available here in Rhode Island, but I'm going to try and find out how I can get some.

This was my first trip ever that I was able to eat more fruits and vegetables than I do at home. The selection of fresh tropical fruits was outstanding. Even the vegetables were special. I ate at least a head of lettuce a day.

I came home losing three pounds and my blood pressure being normal. That is a first. Usually I eat out for dinner when away, and I did this time, but the choices of healthy food in Viet Nam were excellent, so much better than Latin America. Even thought the food wasn't raw, it was light and mostly vegan.

Looking forward to going back in the fall. Thinking about getting certified to teach English as a foreign language. That would give me something useful to do in that wonderful country.

No comments: