Thursday, June 19, 2008

Ice Cream Heaven


There are times in your life that you will never forget, like being there for the birth of your children, that first kiss on your first date, the Red Sox winning the World Series. Today was another one of those days! I MADE RAW CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM THAT TASTES BETTER THAN BEN AND JERRY'S!

You'll have to excuse me, I'm having trouble catching my breath. Do you know what this means? We will no longer be dependent on the Middle East for oil. All over America dairy farmers can sell their cows and start growing durian trees, because that is what I used instead of cream. With this kind of ice cream we all can become vegans! Durian is the perfect substitute for cream! (You can buy them in a Chinese market.) Oh my God! This ice cream is simply unbelievable. It's raw, it's vegan, and it's good for you.

Here is the recipe:

2 cups durian
2 cups raw cashews (soaked for 4 hours)
1 cup water
1 cup raw agave (or other sweetener)
1/4 cup coconut butter
2 TBS vanilla extract
2 TBS dulse
4 TBS raw cacao powder
1 vanilla bean

Put in blender, chill, and then put in ice cream maker. Or, you can skip the ice cream part and eat it like a chocolate mousse. (Note: Even with a Vita Mixer you may have to blend half at a time.) To make even more yummy add cacao nibs and/or walnut pieces.

Okay, I'm going to go and meditate right now and thank God, the Universe, and all the angels, for revealing this miracle to me.




1 comment:

Renee K said...

Still browsing through...where do you find Durian around here in RI?